Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: List of Companies that hire Indian Students in Toronto #6628

    I know a few students that work at:

    – Brar Sweets
    – Samosa & Sweet Factory
    – India’s Taste.
    – Punjabi by nature
    – Asian Food Centre

    Restaurants, Grocery stores are great places to start at and build contacts with other students who work there.

    Spread the love
    in reply to: Where can I get a credit card as an International student? #6627

    You can also reply at retail stores like Canadian Tire and Walmart. When you go to the store, they generally ask you for it. I know many students who were not given a card by the banks, but got one from Canadian Tire. There is also Capital one. Only problem with these cards is they are high interest rates, but if you pay in full every month, then interest rate does not matter. If you don’t, its going to cost you a lot.

    Spread the love
    in reply to: What medications should I bring with me from India? #6626

    Volini and pain related medications. They are quite expensive here.

    Spread the love
    in reply to: How much it costs to rent a room in Brampton? #6625

    Basements are going from $1000-$1400 per month depending on how old it is and location. I know of 4 students who rented a brand new basement for $1400, so it costs them $350 each and includes WIFI & utilities.

    Spread the love
    in reply to: What documents do I need to show at the Airport in Canada? #5921

    When you meet the border services officer, you may have to show them:

    – a valid passport or travel document
    – the letter of introduction the visa office sent you when they approved your study permit. This letter has your permit reference number, which we use to issue your study permit
    – a copy of a valid letter of acceptance from your school
    – proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada
    – letters of reference or any other documents the visa office told you to bring and
    – either a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or visitor visa (temporary resident visa). If you have a valid eTA, it’ll be linked to the passport you used to apply for your study permit

    Visit the Government of Canada website to find out more an stay updated:

    Spread the love
    in reply to: What medications should I bring with me from India? #5918

    Antibiotics like Amoxicillin is something may want to bring since they are very cheap in India, especially if you dont have insurance here. They are very expensive

    Spread the love
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)